My name is Nicole Gimpl and I am a recent graduate of the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University.
I am currently working as a digital marketing copywriter in downtown Phoenix for TEGNA Marketing Solutions. Below you will find more information about my journey into the wonderful world of digital media.
After participating in the 2014 Cronkite High School Summer Journalism Institute, I found that I enjoyed journalism so much that I applied to – and was accepted by – the Cronkite School the following fall.
While in school I was fortunate to have wonderful experiences building my digital media skill repertoire at:
- College Times: one semester internship
- State Press Magazine three semesters writing, and one semester as the digital producer
- Downtown Phoenix Journal: one semester internship
- Former Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton’s office: working on digital communication during the summer of 2017
- azcentral: semester as a digital news production intern and working on THE WALL, a Pulitzer Prize winning project
- PHOENIX Magazine: one semester internship writing
- Cronkite News and Arizona PBS: one semester as a digital producer
- Uptown Phoenix Magazine: contributor
To help pay my way through school, I worked for the Walter Cronkite School for nearly three years alongside Anita Luera, director of high school programs and Mike Wong, director of Cronkite career services.
In my free time I enjoy reading, watching Netflix, exploring downtown Phoenix and spending time with my friends and family.